Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Thursday, September 22, 2005

Orange Julius

Tonight I made an entire batch of Orange Julius, put my beautiful daughter to bed at 10 minutes to 6 and drank the entire pitcher full (2 qts., LOTS of sugar) trying to convince myself that I'm not a bad mom and that there are a million others out there just like me.
So I decided to write my contemplations down in a blog - perhaps another mom will read this and say, hey, me too!!
My daughter is a budding almost 14 month old. For the first 6 months of her life she only cried when she was hungry or tired and everyone said I was SO spoiled. But believe me, she is making up for all of that now. She cried, no, half whined, half screamed, from about 4:00 this afternoon, a slight break for supper and back at it until I put her into the bath and then to bed before 6:00! If only she could speak English!!! She didn't want to play with her toys, didn't want to snuggle, didn't want to read or look at pictures. Perhaps she was just tired, but how was I to know? She was breaking the routine - aren't children supposed to LOVE routine? Isn't that what all the parenting books say - Children Love Routine....chapter 2.
So I'm drinking my Orange Julius and hoping my new neighbors understand.
Being a mom is such a blessing and such a challenge. Not once have I regretted it. Though a time or two I've thought of telling Lukas, "hey I'm off to the mall to spend all your hard-earned money on new clothes to make me feel better." But seeing as I'm the frugal one of the family, It's usually been "Hey Love, want some Orange Julius?" He is a wonderful husband, though, and always tells me on days like this that I'm beautiful and doing a wonderful job. He'd tell me that if I was bald and wearing a burlap sack...actually he'd probably think the sack thing was cool and want one himself. Then he reminds me that the most important thing is to be consistent with Eliora and to pray for her constantly.
He sure puts things into perspective. Actually, relying on the Bible, and not myself, puts everything into perspective. That's good, because I'm sure all that Orange Julius is going to add some coushion to my hips tomorrow.
Here's the recipe for anyone who's feelin' the same way:
ORANGE JULIUS
1 6-oz container OJ concentrate
1 cup milk
1 cup water
1/2 cup sugar
1 t. vanilla
12 ice cubes
Blend all together. Pour into LARGE glass and savor.

2 Comments:

Blogger Heather R. said...

Hi Girl! Yeah! Now you have a blog too. Now I can know what's going on in Rebecca's world. Thanks for sharing your life and stories with me and all your friends. Can't wait for the next update~Keep me posted
~Heather

8:34 PM  
Blogger z said...

Hey Rebecca,
The bloggingness has gotten to you too. I also started a blog last week. http://zdwhitcombe.blogspot.com Good article and I've always wanted to know how one should make orange julius. Looking forward to see y'all in December. Say hello to Lukas for me.
Zach

3:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home