Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

The antics of little "Z"


Z is beginning to do some very funny things...so here's today's funnies:


While I was in the kitchen this afternoon, the kiddos were playing in the living room. I get stuff put in the oven and come out, asking E "Where's Z?" Oh, he's in the closet...hmmm..in the closet...that would be the front room coat closet where all the hymnals from church are currently stashed. Hmm...is he ripping them to shreds?

Upon entering the closet I find Z in the midst of the hymnals, one open, he's going "la la la la" and bopping his head back and forth - Too funny! One of those moments when I really should have had a video camera!


Then tonight it was the ever frightful event of the green vegetable. Lately he's been refusing to eat all vegetables that are not cleverly disguised by layers of cheese, gravy, etc. Well, I debated mixing the green beans in with the stew, but decided he would just have to eat them straight up. I began with the stew, which he ate pretty well, could tell it wasn't a favorite. So then I brought out the green beans. You would have thought I'd brought out the ice cream! He pointed and smiled and reached and chattered away - so I put a few on his tray (not wanting a whole serving to be sent to the floor...) He tested one...made a face, tested another, made a face then smiled and downed them all and wanted more! He made it through almost four helpings of green beans, giggling and laughing all the way like it was a real treat.

I tell you, it was a real treat for mommy to have one meal not turn into a battle of wills. little miss E loves her green beans, too. But tonight she passed up an extra helping of them for some jell-o salad - yes, classic potluck orange jell-o with evaporated milk, mayo and mandarin oranges. Not too bad, but I'll refrain from adding the tuna. (and the olives...)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahah kids do make our days so much brighter...a mom never knows what to expect!

3:47 AM  
Blogger Dawn said...

"Does she care for olives?"

:)

Funny post. I can picture it!

6:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home