Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Eliora the Superhero

It's cold and drizzly outisde so this week we're trying to entertain ourselves within the four walls. Eliora finds this very difficult at times, but yesterday she became a Superhero. A Pink and White Superhero to be exact.
While cleaning all the summer clothes out of her dresser (she pulls them out of the drawer and I try to capture and fold them...) she discovered her swimsuit cover-up which is a pink and white terrycloth robe with a hood that zips up the front. She never got to wear it because by the time Grandma D gave it to her, the swimming days of summer were nearly past. But yesterday it became the find of a lifetime. She picked it up and went "Oooooo...." so I put the hood over her head. She was ready to save the world. All around her room...all around the upstairs...up and down the stairs...to the kitchen....she pranced about and entertained herself for quite some time. And she didn't take it off until just before bedtime.
So the swimsuit coverup won't go with all the summer clothes into the attic. No, it stays in the toybox for more superhero fun.
Who you gonna call...Eliora!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can just envision your little superheroine prancing around in her hooded "cape". Reminds me of a fancy dress that used to parade up and down the stairs on occasion! I believe there was a princess in it!

Love ya.

12:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All Americans should have toddlers who naively "fly" about one's world, saving it from all Scrooges who would steal one's laughter and joy. Eliora is just such a superhero--saving each day from being a cloudy memory.
Papa DE

6:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All Americans should have toddlers who naively "fly" about one's world, saving it from all Scrooges who would steal one's laughter and joy. Eliora is just such a superhero--saving each day from being a cloudy memory.

6:59 PM  
Blogger Camille said...

Hi Rebecca! Thanks for commenting on my xanga site. I take it your found me through the Bethany Camp blogring.

~Nella

2:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cute! The hooded toddler to the rescue on a rainy day!

I can just see it now! :o)
Hey Nella I went to Bethany Camp for years when I was younger.

Yes my daughter at times has rescued me with just her words...at times she says things like "shh..Jesus is talking"..so I will be still then I hear things like "be patient with her". Talk about God perfecting praise through a child He speaks to me often through her so I'm learning to listen. She says the most profound things at times! God is so amazing!

2:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nella,
Praise God for homeschool! How's
it going girl? I just started this year homeschooling my daughter! I believe strongly in homeschooling
being the best choice! (Phillipians 1:9,10) The Father's best...His original design...that children be trained up and made in His image not man's. (Humanism)

2:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home