Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Monday, April 24, 2006

Jelly Bean Theology

Ok, so last week I headded to the library and picked up the classic "Eating When You're Expecting" book, ready for 9 months of totally healthy eating, exercising and feelin' great. Then Saturday I headded to the grocery store and loaded my cart with strawberries, kiwis, spinach, broccoli, squash, chicken, fish, whole-wheat bread, cottage cheese...you name it. If it's healthy I got it.

So today I open the fridge and all I really want is a bagel and some jelly beans. All other food sounds completely repulsive and just the thought of spinach makes me nautious.

In a way, sometimes I think I have Spiritual "morning sickness." My shelves are stocked with comentaries, Bible dictionaries, study guides, books on sin and holiness and the Gospel. I'm gung-ho ready to do some "healthy studying." Then one day I look at the shelf and think, oh I could just go for something...fluffy. I don't want a brain challenge right now. No Jonathan Edwards tonight, I think I'll just read a story. Then once I've "indulged" in my fluff, I feel just like after I indulge in those jelly beans - like something's missing. Where's the meat? Where's all the good stuff? Oh, I don't get the good stuff when I'm indulging my flesh.

So well I can compromise in my eating habits and feel the effects physically, I compromise in my study habits and come up short Spiritually. So hey, it's off to both sets of shelves for some healthier fare.

1 Comments:

Blogger weirdbunny said...

God knows where your heart is, and pregnancy is such a weird thing, take care and just try not to try to hard, and simply enjoy this blessing God has given to you.

4:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home