Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Monday, March 06, 2006

One of those days...

Yes, it's one of those days.
You know - those "it's been winter way to long, I'm ready to play outiside in the sunshine" type of days. I'm trying to be content no matter what - God gives us the weather and each day is a gift from Him. But sometimes it's a battle with my flesh. I'm ready to put on my capris, sandals and no jacket and just walk everywhere and anywhere. I'm ready to take E to the playground and go up and down the slide a zillion times. Ready to feed the "duts" and well...be warm.
Oh I am warm now. Our cozy cottage is a lovely 72 degrees right now and there is beautiful sunshine streaming through the window. But somehow it's not the same when I look out and see people Ice fishing. Yeah, not quite time for those capris yet.

Oh well. Content I will be to strap on my boots and bundle up as we head off to see "doggies", "suks", "caws", "soks" and "sooow" (trucks, cars, rocks and snow) with the little one after her nap. Spring will come. It always does, yet March seems to drag on and on sometimes in anticipation of emerging to the outdoors.

Part of looking forward to going outdoors is the projects there are to do. I'm going to hang at least one window box with petunias. Then there's all the plants the E's helped put in last fall - can't wait to see what they look like in full bloom! And I hope to at least plant some pots of tomatoes.

What are you planning to do this spring?

3 Comments:

Blogger Dawn said...

I can't wait to see the window box with petunias....
We plan to do the boxes again..but not sure with what. Maybe a little more economical than last year..and invest in another flowering bush..hydrangea, maybe??

9:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How about the warm up yesterday! Even though it was a bit rainy, it had the feel of Spring! Can't wait to put some flower boxes and humming bird feeders around the Teeny, Tiny, Cabin too!! Not to mention long walks in the woods! I finally had 2 little snowbirds come to my bird feeder a couple of days ago. First time I've seen little birds up here in snow country since January. I take it as another sure sign of Spring!

5:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Know the feeling. I am having a bad case of spring fever myself. I and my little one were out today it was gorgeous out! We were picking up sticks. A much needed yard clean up! :o) We are hoping to do more of a garden this year. Last year we just planted some tomatoes but this year we are going to plant some more vegetables than that. I'm just not sure what yet. I would like to plant some rose bushes and put out some bird feeders and a bird bath. Maybe even a nice hanging plant on the porch, that was something my motherinlaw always got for my grandma every Spring when she was alive and living here. I always thought it made the porch look so nice! :o) I can't think of what kind of flowering plant it was but it sure was beautiful! All I know is I want Spring too! :o) I plan on spending a lot of time outdoors this Spring!

3:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home