Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Monday, March 27, 2006

Courderoys

I have a favorite pair of pants.

Let me tell you about them.

I've had them since spring break, 1997. They are brown courderoy levi's that I bought in a thrift store in Orlando, FL along with a red T-shirt (I still own) that says "we're #1 - Palmetto Tigers". The T-shirt has reached unwearable status and will soon be turned into a pillow memoir. But the pants I just cannot seem to get rid of. I wear them constantly even though they are well worn, ripped and repaired numerous times and still look dirty even right out of the washing machine. But they've reached that soft, comfy stage and I just hate to part with them.

I no longer wear them to special outings, only on walks and trips to Wal*Mart. They fit just right. But I admit, they make me look poorer than dirt and like a teenage mom.

So if you see a woman who looks like a girl in worn out courderoys, take pity on her because they're like an old friend and it's difficult to part with an old friend.


I realise this post is meaningless and contains no uplifting spiritual content. I just wanted to do a tribute to such a great pair of pants. Hope you are amused!

2 Comments:

Blogger sharath said...

:) I'm amused. I'm wearing a pair of pants now that were 15 euro ($18) about 4 or 5 years ago. They weren't a reputable brand to begin with but fair play to them, they're still holding together so I shall not part with them!

1:08 PM  
Blogger rachel said...

I know those cords-but 1997-wow!
It was great seeing you and the fam this past weekend. I will send pics when I get the chance.

7:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home