Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Thursday, July 06, 2006

Projects

Well, it’s been forever since I’ve posted. But I’m feeling so excessively wonderful now, I’m doing other projects instead of being online. So I figured I’d post a little of what I’ve been working on lately…
2 pairs of maternity jeans for $5!
I was searching forever for a pair of comfy maternity jeans and having no luck. So I bought 2 pairs at a thrift store (both had 50% off stickers…) for $2.50 each and put my own panel in. I just put them on, zipped the zipper as far as it would go comfortably, hand-stitched down the fly and cut out the front. Then I used some knit I’d gotten at Jo-Ann’s for $1 a yard to make a panel to fit, put in the elastic and voila! 2 pairs of oh-so comfy jeans!







And here’s my other project…jean purses.
5 down, 7 to go! These are to give away to all the ladies at our family reunion coming up in August. These are so simple to make I can make 2 in one naptime!
So that’s what’s keeping me busy. Lots of sewing and of course chasing after the little one who just can’t get enough of dresses, purses and "pretties". She takes every purse after I finish and totes it around for a while saying "purth," and trying to fill it with all her goodies.

Tonight I make my first attempt ever at cooking a whole chicken. Hmmmm… I hope it works out ok, wish me luck!

p.s. not sure why the pics are so grainey...not sure if it's me or the camera...I'll work on that...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the purses. Now I want one!!!LOL You are very talented girl! Seriously though you should start making them and selling them I do believe they would sell! The pic doesn't look grainy to me!

3:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Also nifty idea with the jeans...
if you know how to do it why not. ;o) Very astute!

3:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home