Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Friday, May 12, 2006

in HIS hands

Grace By Which I Stand

Lord, the feelings are not the same,
I guess I'm older, I guess I've changed.
And how I wish it had been explained,
that as you're growing you must remember,
That nothing lasts, except the grace of God, by which I stand, in Jesus.
I know that I would surely fall away, except for grace, by which I'm saved.
Lord, I remember that special way,
I vowed to serve you, when it was brand new.
But like Peter, I can't even watch and pray, one hour with you,
And I bet, I could deny you too.
But nothing lasts, except the grace of God, by which I stand, in Jesus.
I'm sure that my whole life would waste away,
except for grace, by which I'm saved.
But nothing lasts, except the grace of God, by which I stand, in Jesus.
I know that I would surely fall away, except for grace, by which I'm saved.

- By Keith Green copyright to Sparrow Records

These words rung true in my ears today as I was playing this cd. If not for the grace of God where would I be? I would be on my way to hell. All the human effort in the world cannot bring me one inch closer to Him. And He is so gracious, so forgiving. Like the song says, I've made those vows to pray more, to study more...to do whatever more. And every time I come up short of my own goal. If I come up short of my own goal, it is so obvious I could never even begin to reach the goal of perfection required by Christ. Hebrews 12:14 is so clear "Without [holiness] no one will see the Lord." That excludes everyone. No one can see the Lord on his own efforts. Only through the grace of God in Christ's sacrifice on our behalf. Only when HIS righteousness is imputed to us through regeneration (II Corinthians 5:21).

Like the song, and more importantly, the scripture says. If it were up to me, to my efforts, I would surely fall so utterly far away. Romans 3:23 "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God." But it is not dependent on me - it is Christ who does the work and praise Him for Philippians 1:6:
"And I am sure of this,
that He who began a good work in you
will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ."

4 Comments:

Blogger sharath said...

From my own experiences (even in the last few days!) I say a resounding Amen to that.

12:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What true, conviting and comforting thoughts are these! As I was reading comments on another blog just a few minutes ago, I was thinking about Philippians 1:6 also. And I also say Amen!

7:18 PM  
Blogger Farmgirl Cyn said...

Keith Green has been one of favorites over the years as believers. We will never forget that fateful day that he and several of his children were killed in the plane crash. What a loss to us, but what glory he now beholds! Thank God we cannot attain the kingdom based on what we do. Heaven would stsnd forever empty.

11:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Keith Green!
He has been so infuential on me as a Christian and as a musician. He has challenged me to be more honest with my lyrics. Actually, I would honored if you would check out my music on my site. Its bery “Keithish.”

Thanks,
-Sean
_____________
www.SeanDietrich.com
“All my music is available free for download.”

2:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home