Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Book Review

Ok, it's been a while since I read this book, but I would like to know if anyone else has. I personally thougt this book atrocious. It paints a picture of a domineering, controlling woman who thought she was hearing the voice of God and no one dare contradict her. I bought this book for someone for Christmas but did not give it to them after reading it. I've heard so many wonderful things about Amy Carmichael, but this book seemed to point out every thing contrary to scripture about her life and very little about the influence of her ministry. It's mostly pointing out Amy's personality as if she were someone who had a better link to God than the rest of us, constantly stating her downfalls were few yet the whole book is full of stories that reflect such error.
So I am wondering if anyone has read any other biographies on Amy Carmichael. Is this the true image of her life and ministry or is there a better resource out there?

1 Comments:

Blogger Crystal said...

Very discerning and perceptive R, I have read the first 5 or 6 chapters a few times, and thought her antics humorous, and her commitment convicting, but also felt uneasy at times, and see exactly what you mean. I have read "Let the Little Children Come" and "Mimosa," and there are some things that I am not comfortable with, nonetheless enjoyed and was convicted to die to self and live for Christ. Thanks for the comment on my blog :)

3:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home