Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Story of my life...(at least my hair)

This is NOT what my hair looks like.

This is what I WANTED my hair to look like.

I knew better than to go to the cheapie salon...but I did it anyways. I went, I saved 9 measly bucks and now I reap the consequences. I now have the same hair style I had in 6th grade. It was all the rage then, but is regrettably not the style desired at the moment.

So upon running from the cheapie joint, nearly in tears, little E says "Mommy, are you going to cry?" I say, "maybe." "It's ok Mommy, Grandma D can fix it when she comes for Christmas. Don't be mad at your hair." She makes me laugh at myself.
I ponder my next move, do I head over to my regular girl and shell out the $20 to have her chop it all off and make me look great. Or do I go home, blow dry it and see if I can live with it for another month or two?
I went home. It's not as dreadful as it looked in the salon, unstyled but I have a picture of me in 6th grade, fushia turtleneck sweater dress and all, with the same style. Minus the pink sweater dress I'm looking about the same.

So anyways...I just had to get it out of my system. I feel like Jo on little women - I've cut off my "one beauty" and alas, life seems temporarily most dreadful.

3 Comments:

Blogger Dawn said...

Now you have me curious..
Sixth grade? Ok...I will have to see this.
Sorry this did not work out for you. Nothing worse....well, maybe a thing or two..but a girl's hair is up there on the list.
You would not want to see my sixth grade hairstyle...We are talking 1963, baby! Oh yeah...."bubble" action with a velvet clip bow...

4:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, Becca...I can sympathize with you and your "most dreadful" moment...(urgh!)...and right before Thanksgiving. (urgh, urgh!) Little E is such a sweetie trying to fix things up for you. You already know my story with hair salons...at least, your locks grow pretty fast and your hubby loves you for you. :oD
I'm looking forward to Christmas when we'll see you next...love you all.

4:52 AM  
Blogger Crystal said...

I can totally relate! It is the story of my life too! Good to hear from ya!

7:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home