Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Weeping for the children...

Wow. I was so not going to blog about anything tonight, but my heart is instantly heavy.
I just finished reading the blog of a 15 year old girl, a pastor's daughter, and I am weeping for the children because they are no longer children. And my heart is heavy because when I was 15, my heart was in the same place hers is - focused on finding love in a relationship with some guy, not with Jesus Christ. But that quest is so empty - and leaves you only with regrets later in life (even if you don't have sex).
Ok, this leads me to another thought. Senior High week at Bethany Camp 1998 - Pastor Mike Hammons (if anyone knows where he is from or how I can contact him, let me know...) I thought the guy was totally gone. He passed out a survey and one question was something like this: (speaking to Sr. highers about sexual purity)
"How far is too far...should hands touch? Should lips touch? Should bodies touch?..."
He said NOTHING should touch, except that which does not cause you to lust. So some of us shouldn't even have had our eyes open. But seriously he hit purity to the core. So many young people (including myself as a teenager) ask "how far is too far" and youth leaders are so afraid to give a standard. The answer should be "he that looketh upon a woman and lusteth has commited adultery already." If you're lusting after a member of the opposite sex that you're not married to, you've already gone too far. I wish I could take these young girls ("CHRISTIAN" girls...pastors' daughters...) ...and love them, and teach them truth. And I know it is TRUTH that matters.
You see I know of young women who love the Lord and find all their worth in HIM. For an example check out Ednella's Blog . This girl is 15 as well - and she loves the Lord. I can think of three blonde girls from Erie, my cousin's daughter and a teenager in our church. Yes, there are girls out there who are not trying to find their worth in guys. But there are so many in the "church" who are doing just that! Again, my heart is heavy and I weep for them all. I pray the Lord will show me how I can help change these young girls lives with the truth.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Been there done that...I was a wayward teen looking for love in the wrong places. My sister we share hearts here I'm burden too..it is so deep...God's children...His little ones most are not in whole hearted devotion to Him.
Something is got to change, our young girls are in trouble!!! I hear the words once more from the Father who wiil go for us? Will you stand in the gap? Sister, friend there must be something we can do. We'll talk soon!
Love ya sis! You are one terrific lady and I know God has beautiful plans instore for you! (hugs)
Lord, help! Lord especially those young ones who are in the church!

10:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

To add to that...
I just finished reading the blog of a 15 year old girl, a pastor's daughter, and I am weeping for the children because they are no longer children.

Well said....that is what God is showing me..
Where is the age of innocence?
Where is the purity?
It's not just with the children.
It's festering in the body of Christ,
there is a mix mash if I may say of Christianity, a little dab here a little dab there.
God is looking to make vessels of honor and the world needs them badly in such a time as this!
untainted, purity
Jesus is coming for a bride w/o blemish...
Are we ready the young ones especially for Jesus' return?
Especially the children of God's children. God has no grandchildren.

10:24 PM  
Blogger Camille said...

I am honored that you liked to me! thank you so much!

However, I must confess that i am 14, not 15, but most ppl think I am 20 or so that read my blog, so that is understandable that you would think I am older. Also most freshman are 15, but I am 14.

I totally agree with you. Kids don't know how to be kids anymore. Even clothes trends try to make kids look like they are adults. It is really das :'(

10:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home