Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Friday, February 10, 2006

Two Peas in a Pod

Ah, yes. The old saying describes us well, my love and I. In lieu of the upcomming pink festival, I thought I would dedicate this blog to my darling hubby. So here is a humorous, yet loving top ten list of things I love about my dearest in no particular order:

1. He looks up to three men who were all great theologians, named John and had enormous beards: John Calvin, John Knox and Jonathan Edwards. He studies their writings and studies the Scripture and seeks to apply these truths to His life. I admire his dilligence.

2. If I make him something - he will wear it.

3. If I cook something - he will eat it.

4. He has a rustic creativity and on a whim he'll be carving faces into twigs (bearded men, of course) or building a bent willow chair - without practice or training, he just has an eye for creating things with wood.

5. He delights in being a father to our crazy little girl. He chases her around the room or hides in the corner so she's all giggles when she finds him. She used to chant "Daddy" constantly when she didn't know any other words!

6. I've always been a sucker for that red hair!

7. He would rather be outdoors than anywhere else. This makes for long walks through the woods or camping overnight somewhere. And he can start a fire without lighter fluid!

8. He uses his skills and talents to glorify God whether it's plumbing or playing guitar he sees his whole life as serving HIM.

9. He loves me unconditionally.

10. He loves the Lord fist and foremost and is following the Biblical pattern of leadership for our home.

And of all these things I know he would say "Only by the grace of God I am what I am - praise the Lord, not me." It's been almost nine years since I met my love and every day is better than the last.

I love you!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Again, you move me to happy tears!

12:16 PM  
Blogger Dawn said...

AAAWWWWW....That is just about the sweetest thing I've read...
You are perfect for my red headed DS. God doesn't make mistakes.

4:01 AM  
Blogger rachel said...

My brother is blessed to have a valentine like you! I love you guys. ((Hugs all around.))...and a smooch for little E.

6:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Becca! Hey- great post! It is very sweet! I just wanted to give you this link to my picture site, to show you what we did to the cabinets in the trailer where you used to live! I hope you like it! Jessica said you always wanted to paint them! :) Just paste this link in your browser: http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/carriejoe99/album?.dir=/50b1&.src=ph

5:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home