Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Friday, January 27, 2006

Distracted

Today I am distracted. Much is running through my mind, so much I need to "study to show [myself] approved unto God." (I Timothy 2:15) My mind is such a whirlwind that as I was giving my sweet girl lunch today I hadn't noticed how dreary-eyed she was. As I kept spooning rice and beans into her mouth, telling her "you know how to use a spoon...come on!" Her little eyelids slowly fell and I managed to rescue her face from being smeared with rice, got her upstairs and into bed. My brain is just not focusing on the necessary tasks of the day.

But alas nap time has come and I'm ready for some deep reading. Lately I've been doing a lot of study on motherhood, and here are some awesome links I've been reading:

Biblical Response to the Feminist Agenda
Biblical Position on Women's Roles
Role of Young Women
Women's Ministries

These are all sermons by John MacArthur that can be found at the Bible Bulletin Board website which I go to often because I know I can count on the Theology to be right-on.
Keep pressing on my friends who love the Lord. Keep studying, keep "hungering and thirsting after righteousness." (Mat.5)
And may we never forget:
"His divine power has granted to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of him who called us to his own glory and excellence..."
2 Peter 1:3

There are so many songs that say "more of you Jesus, I need more of you..." or "Send the Holy Spirit, we need more..." yet we already have "all things" that we need - we just need to submit to the Holy Spirit and live!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home