Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Thursday, August 24, 2006

You've Come A Long Way Baby

Read this news story .

I Timothy 2:12 "But I do not allow a woman to teach or exercise authority over a man, but to remain quiet."

"ALL scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness." (2 Tim 3:16).
If ALL scripture is inspired by God than I want to obey ALL scripture. Not take the bits and pieces I like and have my own mish-mash of theology. If God said it, shouldn't that settle it?

Is this cultural? 1 Timothy 2:11-15:
"A woman must quietly receive instruction with entire submissiveness. But i do not allow a woman to teach or exercise authority over a man, but to remain quiet. For it was Adam who was first created and then Eve. And it was not Adam who was deceived but the woman being deceived, fell into transgression. But women will be preserved through the bearing of children if they continue in faith and love and sanctity with self-restraint."

I had a whole blog on this, but perhaps it's best to read the scripture and decide - am I going to stand with God or against Him and His Word?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home