Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Saturday, November 17, 2007

Hard to Believe

I just finished reading a ton of reviews for John MacArthur's book "Hard to Believe" at Amazon.com. It's very interesting - people get VERY defensive when it comes to JM's writing - it was either 2 stars or 5 stars - hated it or loved it. I'm thinking about getting this book for some family members for Christmas, so I just wanted to check it out.
It amazes me that people can read John MacArthur (and some people claimed to have read all his books) and think he is advocating works salvation. If he was advocating that why in the world is he teamed up with RC Sproul? No one contends more for the Gospel according to Romans than RC. No one contends more for the Gospel according to Jesus than John MacArthur! And they are the same Gospel!
Well, anyways, I don't need to rehash the arguement. But it just amazes me - John exposits scripture in all of his books and encourages people to search it out like the Bereans to see if it is true to Scripture.
I spent 4 years in a "no lordship" / "easy believism" university. Trust me, I came out more confused than ever. It is thanks to men like John MacArthur and my pastor, who diligently study and preach the truth that I know what I believe and can be sure that I will stand before the throne of God clothed in the righteousness of Christ because my own merrit could do nothing but dam me to hell. Harsh, I know. But that is reality, that is truth.
I think of the Puritans - would anyone dare to accuse them of being romanists? Yet they emphasized works VERY strongly. They also searched the scriptures and produced remarkable sermons, letters and prayers that showed above all else they were devoted to their Christ.

Ok, I'm done ranting for now.

2 Comments:

Blogger Crystal said...

Woo Hoo!!! Amen Sister! I heartily agree with everything you wrote :)

2:33 PM  
Blogger The Tiquehunters Wife said...

Me too!

4:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home