Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Friday, October 28, 2005

Still Laughing

I hope you find this as funny as I do... I am still laughing a day later.

Ok, yesterday Lukas called from work and I thought he said "Dave (his boss) has a telescope that he's getting rid of and he's willing to sell it to us for $700 - I know we've talked about getting one, and that's a good price with all the trimmings." Has Lukas gone mad? A $700 telescope???? So I replied "Lukas, we don't have money to buy a telescope. " He actually sounded surprised that I wasn't going for it - and I couldn't remember ever talking about getting a telescope - we live in the city!!! Then I launched into this story about telescopes that I'd heard on NPR that "You can spend a ton of money to get a big telescope but if you're just starting out you can get a $50 one and a map of the stars and it may be a bit more challenging to find things, but it's all the same."
To this Lukas replied, sort of bewilderedly "Wow, Rebecca, nice story...." Something wasn't getting across here...He seriously wanted this telescope?
Then he said something along the line of saving money on heat...Hmmm... Perhaps he was not talking about a telescope after all.
Then he said the word again...."PELLET STOVE" which over a cell phone can sound an awful lot like telescope...trust me. So while I was telling this story about telescopes he was trying to figure out some spiritual analogy that I was trying to pass on to him about being content with what you have or something, when in reality I was just talking about telescopes.

So, we will not be getting a telescope...but Lord willing we will be getting a pellet stove. And after all, the telescope story went on to say that before you buy anything just go look at the stars from a meadow somewhere with a pair of bionoculars and see if you're really into it in the first place. And I really can't come up with a spiritual analogy out of that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home