Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Keith Green

Well, I pledge my head to heaven for the Gospel,
And I ask no man on Earth to fill my needs.
Like the sparrow up above, I am enveloped in His love,
And I trust Him like those little ones, He feeds.
Well I pledge my wife to heaven, for the Gospel,
Though our love each passing day just seems to grow.
As I told her when we wed, I'd surely rather be found dead,
Than to love her more than the one who saved my soul.
I'm your child, and I want to be in your family forever.
I'm your child, and I'm going to follow you,
No matter whatever the cost, I'm gonna count all things lost.

Well I pledge my son to heaven for the gospel.
Though he's kicked and beaten, ridiculed and scorn.
I will teach him to rejoice, and life a thankful praising voice,
And to be like Him who bore the nails and crown of thorns.
I'm your child, and I want to be in your family forever.
I'm your child, and I'm going to follow you,
No matter whatever the cost, I'm gonna count all things lost.
Oh no matter whatever the cost, I'm gonna count all things lost.

Well I've had the chance to gain the world, and to live just like a king,
But without your love, it doesn't mean a thing.
Oh no matter whatever the cost, I'm gonna count all things lost,
Oh no matter whatever the cost, I'm gonna count all things lost.
Well I pledge my son, I pledge my wife, I pledge my head to heaven,
I pledge my son, I pledge my wife,
I pledge my head to heaven, for the gospel.
Thanks, keith.
Can I say those things? Or do I love ________________ more than "The One who saved my soul?"

3 Comments:

Blogger Camille said...

That song is awesome. I love it. It really does wonder if we really willing to give everything up for God.

~Nella

10:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well if America doesn't change coarse we may find out where our alliance is...now is the time to do introspect I think. God help us!!!

New King James Version (NKJV)
2 Timothy 4:3

3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine, but according to their own desires, because they have itching ears, they will heap up for themselves teachers;
2 Timothy 4:4
4 and they will turn their ears away from the truth, and be turned aside to fables.

May we be found as part of the remnant!!

10:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well if America continues the coarse they are on we may find out where our allegiance is. Gold help us!

2 Timothy 4:3; 2 Timothy 4:4 (New King James Version)

3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine, but according to their own desires, because they have itching ears, they will heap up for themselves teachers;

4 and they will turn their ears away from the truth, and be turned aside to fables.

God may we be found worthy to be part of the remnant! For with You there is always a remnant those who will not bow their knees to idols.

I John 5:21
Little children, keep yourselves from idols. Amen.
(New King James Version)

10:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home