Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Pink

Well, my faithful readers....my family....today I did an awful thing. But I must justify myself. You see, today I made a purchase that will forever mar my image in your eyes. The non-conformist, earth-tone girl, yes, for the deal of $1 that she could not pass up....I bought a pink shirt.
There, it's out, deal with that thought as you must, but the part of me that can't pass up a shirt for a dollar won out over the part that would never wear pink.

Well, it's been a while since I've talked of what Eliora is up to...

The past week it's been an adventure in cookie making. While I roll and cut dough for gingerbread men, she manages to get completely covered in flour from head to toe and sneaks about a cookies worth of dough that I tried to get back out of her little hand, but she has quite a death grip when it comes to cookie dough. She likes to pick out the cutter to use, but doesn't understand that we don't need to use all the cookie-cutters, and ended up throwing dough, flour and cookie cutters all around the kitchen. What a mess. But she giggles away uncontrollably so I can't get upset with her, just having good old-fashioned fun.

Also lately she loves to take things and throw them away. Bits of paper or pellets that didn't make it into the stove...whatver. Yesterday she got a little too excited that she could open the trash can lid herself and started "throwing away" her toys....had to explain as best I could that toys don't go in there. One day I'll tell her that she cried about not being able to throw away her toys...

"I used to be the perfect parent....then I had children."

"My parents used to know nothing...then i became a parent and now I know nothing and they know everything."

Oh so true! Eliora is my little humbling experience and I love her and praise the Lord HE has given me such a blessing in both her and Lukas.

Merry Christmas my faithful readers...
May your days be filled with the Peace that only comes from the
Prince of Peace,
Jesus Christ.

2 Comments:

Blogger Randi said...

My oldest daughter (now 17 years old) liked to throw things in the trash when she was little too. I remember finding the remote control in the trash one time. I lost my car/house keys at this time also and I am sure that the trashman drove off with them because we never found them!!!

Enjoy your little bundle of energy!

7:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I never thought I'd see the day when you would ever again wear the color "pink". I'm sure you have lost you mind!!! Must be those wild times with Eliora! Just think "pink is cool!!! Pink is cool!!! Pink is cool!"

Love ya'

5:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home