Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Glorious Appearing

"...We should live soberly, righteously and godly in the present age, looking for that blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ, Who gave Himself for us, that He might redeem us from every lawless deed and purify for Himself His own special people, zealous for good works. "
Titus 2:12b-14
Glorious Appearing "Lit. 'the appearing of the glory' This will be our salvation from the presence of sin." (note from MacArthur Study Bible)
I've often felt rather unworthy to be in the presence of saints who just cannot wait for the Lord to return. It seems so foreign to me - so abstract. Yes, as I told my sister when she asked what I thought of the possibility that we could be raptured before Lukas and I got married, that's fine because in my head I know that in Heaven I will not care about being married or anything that gives pleasure on earth, I know that. But it's one thing to know and another thing to really know - you know?
But today that verse and the note stood out to me "...salvation from the presence of sin." I nearly jumped out of my chair. THAT's IT! That's what I so long for more than anything else - and that's what will culminate in the Lord's return.
On that day I will bow at the feet of Jesus and worship Him completely in "Spirit and in Truth." with nothing holding me back - no sinful thougts, no distractions, just worshiping my savior because that is my purpose.
Here on earth I don't struggle (as some dear ones do and I'm not making light of this) with pain or with tremendous sorrow over human events, the Lord has not yet brougth those things into my life. And some people look forward to Heaven for relief from those things. That is wonderful, that will be there. But I often wondered - where's my zeal? Don't I want relief from all that? Yes. But the thing that I struggle with most is that lingering sin in my flesh. Those times when I've just "mastered" something and BAM I fall again...ugh!
But in Heaven there is no sin, there are no "issues" that need to be dealt with - there are no questions of who is right or who is wrong, there is no need for "self-esteem." All true believers will worship the Lamb who they battled to love completely on earth and can now love completely in Heaven.
Yes, Heaven will be a "wonderful place, filled with glory and grace" as the old hymn says. There will be the mansion of gold, and jewels, and streets paved with gold, but we will not look at those and marvel, we will look upon the face of Him who died for us and tears of joy will stream down our faces as we realise eternity has just begun.
"He who testifies to these things says, "Surely I am coming quickly."
Amen! Even so, come, Lord Jesus!"
Revelation 22:20

3 Comments:

Blogger Dawn said...

Good post, Rebecca. You always make me think.

9:53 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

it's been cool stumbling across blogs from people I haven't talked to in forever.
Ihave a couple of links to Cedarville people - including Steve Crissman - on my blog.
www.dawnbeth.blogspot.com

I would just give it to you, but I honestly can't remember it right now :)
I just always click on the link.

12:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It will be more than glorious! Can't wait! Every day is a day closer!

9:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home