Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Thursday, December 15, 2005

What' is going on?

I feel like screaming, like crying, like throwing up! I'm angry, I'm sad I'm a bundle of emotions and I feel helpless to do anything - anything!!!

Why are the teenagers in the churches in this area so weak? How can they swear right and left and think nothing of it? How can they watch the filth on TV and laugh? How can they sleep around and not feel guilty?

WHAT CAN I DO ABOUT IT???????

I'm praying, Lord, yes, I'm praying. But I want to take them all under my wing, I want to open the WORD and share with them what I've learned the past two years - how GOD has changed my life through HIS WORD! That the Gospel is "The POWER of GOD unto salvation!" And that salvation will change you because of that POWER!

These kids think they are saved because they prayed some prayer a million years ago (as I at age 8, age 9, 10, 12, 14, 16.....) but they are lost because they do not know TRUTH!

Watched a video recently (thanks rach & jeff) about witnessing using the 10 commandments. After all they are a "tutor (schoolmaster) to lead us to Christ." Galations 3:24. Do the teens in today's church know the purpose of the 10 commandments or do they (like I did) think they were how OT people were saved - by keeping them? And as a result think they are obsolete? Yet when you look at yourself in light of them, you see what a wretched person you are. I put things before God - there's #1, I make God who I want Him to be - that's idolatry, #2, I steal, I lie, I want what others have, I look with lust...on and on we've all broken them and we're all sinners on our way to hell - do we really see our position before Christ as we truly are? We are lost without Christ, we are fully deserving of punishment for even one sin because way back in Genesis 2 God told Adam and Eve that the day they ate of the tree, they "would surely die." No one can keep the commandments perfectly - not in the OT, not now, not ever, only Jesus. If we saw ourselves continuously as wretched sinners snatched out of the pit of Hell by a merciful God - would we fail to constantly give Him thanks and live in light of that?

Oh, Lord, open their eyes before it is too late!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home