Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Forgive...

Mark 11:25
"And whenever you stand parying, if you have anything against anyone, forgive him, that your Father in heaven may also forgive you your trespasses."

So how many times have I totally blown this verse? Got to thinking about it today...don't worry, I'm not holding resentment against anyone. It just reminded me of how petty I can be sometimes. Reminded of occasions where I didn't want to forgive because "I was right." And going to the other person would mean....you guessed it....humbling myself.
It's so easy to be prideful...to think I've got the answers to everyone's problems.
I remember a friend I had in college who I fought with constantly. I don't usually fight at all but he always told me when I was wrong. And I never wanted to admit that I was wrong so I got mad at him (I even did this when Lukas came to visit and he saw a rare side of me that day but he loves me anyways...and he tells me when I'm wrong, too...)
Why is it so hard to just go to another person and say "I forgive you" or "Please forgive me"? Many times we can sit and steam about someone wronging us and they are happily going about their lives because they don't even realise we feel this way. It's pride - and it's sin.
It's so easy to be full of pride and so hard to be humble (for me anyways). But I'm wrong most of the time...or someone else has a better idea.
Anyways...
Just some random thoughts that struck me - humility is key to so much. Even if we are right, we need to go to the other person and forgive - even if they don't ask for forgiveness! And it swings the other way too...we need to be quick to repent and ask for forgiveness, even if the other person isn't willing to forgive us!!!
And praise Jesus that HE was our supreme example...we are without excuse.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home