Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Friday, November 04, 2005

Spices

Well, I know that at least my father is dying to know what Eliora has been up to lately, so here's an update on my crazy little one.
Today was baking crazy day for the great hunters, Lukas and Dave. The both are cookie-holics so I baked "ginger chews" (ginger snaps to everyone else but they like them doughy) and cinnamon rolls. Not exactly rugged outdoor food, but it must gear them up for the big hunt.
ANYWAYS....As I was opening and closing the upper cupboards Eliora was grunting and pointing like something of hers was up there. So I looked and lo and behold she was pointing to the spices (which I have an overabundance of ones i never use). So I took the ones like Steak seasoning, Seasoned salt and cayenne pepper to name a few down out of the cupboard for her to play with. She had a grand old time. She moved them all around the house. Frist they all went onto the stool in the kitchen, then onto the chest in the living room, then Lukas' drum, then the cupboard in the front room, the bathroom...chatting and giggling the whole time (about what she was cooking up i'm sure)... and now they are scattered throughout the house and I must round them up before I go to bed.
It's so funny to watch her play. She hardly touches her toys without prompting and would much rather play with a broom, dustpan or, well, spices than anything else. I guess she's just at that stage that she wants to do whatever mommy is doing, and most of the time that's just fine with me because I know one day she probably won't even want to be in the same room as me let alone think what I'm doing is the coolest thing in the world.
So I'll revel in these moments as they last...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I note, with great satisfaction and grandfatherly pride, that toddler Eliora is into cooking...or at least the "spicey" side of cooking. Her Mommy is a Lick off the old block, as Rebecca's Mom is a touch of awesome in the kitchen, as Sue's Mom is a culinary delight! And since I was raised on gooood cookin', I will just tuck this spicey information about Eliora away until she also prepares that first edible delight one day!!

5:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cute! Enjoy those days while they last my friend!
I at times let my daughter play with my knicknacks which I'm sure most people would say is a big no,no but she so enjoys them. Mind you only certain ones! LOL My daughter loves playing with cooking utensils, cookie candies, cookie cutters, whatever mom will give her permission to play with. It's so cute to watch them play with things other than toys!
If only some aspects of their younger years would stay with them for life...but alas like all things things change so like you said savor every moment of it!

8:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home