Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Sovereignty of God

Lately I've been so struck with the Sovereignty of God. It's on every page of scripture from Genesis to Revelation - HE is in control!
I've been reading "The Genesis Record" by Henry M. Morris, a Creation research scientist. It's 1/2 commentary, 1/2 scientific study, and I love it. I just love thinking about creation. God, in His infinite wisdom created plants, animals, birds, fish and us! Our bodies are so intricate, made to work in precise ways. To think our bodies came from some sort of primordial slime is absurd to me. Yet I can look from the evolutionist's perspective and understand their forcefulness in believing that - they have to have something tangible, something knowable, something that's not God. If God created us then that means there are things we cannot know and that means that there is an "afterlife" and a myriad of other things. So yes, I see why they are so adamant, but it must tear them up inside to go home at night knowing that their view is even more un-provable than creation. To think we oozed out from some chemical concoction is depressing. What they lack is faith "...the substance of things hoped for and the evidence of things unseen." Hebrews 11:1
But to know and believe that an all-sovereign God breathed life into our lungs and directs our every step is beyond amazing! To read of the account of adam and eve, the fall, the flood, and finally redemption through Jesus Christ makes me want to shout "God is AWESOME!" And so I will! It also makes me want to shake people and say "wake up - can't you see it?" Yet I know in His sovereignty there will be those (Romans 9) who will never see....never taste of the fullness that comes from the Spirit revealing Truth to one's heart. Yet at the same time I rejoice because the Sovereign God holds me in His hands, changes my heart and makes me a "new creation."
So I say with the Psalmist:
Praise the Lord!
Praise God in His sanctuary; praise Him in His mighty heavens!
Praise Him for His mighty deeds;
Praise Him according to His excellent greatness!
Praise Him with trumpet sound,
Praise Him with lute and harp!
Praise Him with tambourine and dance;
Praise Him with strings and pipe!
Praise Him with sounding cymbals;
Praise Him with loud clashing cymbals!
Let everything that has breath praise the Lord!
Praise the Lord!

Psalm 100

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

AMEN!
It sounds like an awesome book my friend! Maybe you could share that at our Bible study. :o)
Phew...I could feel that passion spilling on me...I could use some of that.

8:17 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

CORRECTION: PSALM 151 NOT 100
Sorry about that!

11:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

:o) I'm just delighted that you shared your passion sister! I always get so blessed when I read your blogger!

3:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home